Thursday, August 14, 2008

When friends fail you...

We are about to experience a full moon for the month of August. Strangely enough I will be flying from Japan to return to New York so I will be closer to the moon than many of you reading this post. The full moon represents change and new growth and as uncomfortable as change may be for some, I embrace it.

I am currently transitioning to become a better person, a more mature person and while I am excited, I am also scared. I have noticed that a few of my relationships are shifting. Some of the shifts are positive while others are just shifting to a place where I'm not so certain that the friendships will continue to grow.

What I hate most is when people pull away from me for reasons that they choose not to explain, they just pull away. I aim to keep my relationships positive and communicate as much as I can, however, it isn't necessarily reciprocated and that's frustrating. I guess I don't understand how people who once upon a time were great friends could become distant acquaintances. So... What do you do when friends fail you?

No comments: