Thursday, September 25, 2008

Deandre Banks is FAMOUS LIKE OBAMA

I would like to give to this WONDERFUL idea my own submission. I actually admire a lot of folks that do not get proper recognition in my eyes, but if I have to pick one person at this very moment it would have to be a brother by the name of Deandre Banks.

Not to put his business out there, but this brother works tirelessly in the community, as an official career but at the same time as his own personal passion. He oversees and assists individuals whom are fatally ill (for over 10 years under and against the Giuliani administration), he assists with community drives which benefit people of color, and he has done some heroic things since I've known him; like leaving one office run by a slacking community-oriented official to stand behind someone whom although has lesser clout in this environment, is a person who seems way more concerned about the condition of our city and abroad. Deandre is the prime example of a changed agent. Instead of adhering to the political machine as we know it; which offered him a promotion, he chose to adhere to his belief in what he does. He chose HIS BELIEF. That's me all the way, so how can I not admire someone like that? Kudos to my brother Deandre!

B Michael L

No comments: