Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am Important

So I remember that all through high school, I was MR. POLITICS!!! I was all for running for every student office and I would usually always win, I was class Vice President as well as President of almost every other club in school. The question was why did I do it??? Was it to actually make change and empower my high school or to feel important. The truth is it was both, I really did like that feeling of being important and I loved the fact that what I said in a sense was the way it was going to be. I know that I left a major impact on my Senior Class and students that have followed me. I did learn that the sense of political urgency did escape me only to return recently, I am excited that this feeling has returned to me as I climb my own ladder of success. If you are not excited about this political election I urge you jump on board and mark your mark in history! Please don't follow in my footsteps of lack, because I lost that feeling of me thinking I could make a difference, up until now! I know that every vote we cast counts toward something major.

No comments: